What is “Snitching” ?
Urban Definition: “in the criminal sense a snitch will provide information to the police or feds in order to obtain lenient treatment for themselves and provide information over an extended period of time in return for money or for police to overlook their own criminal activities; (slang) To contact or cooperate with the police for any reason.”
What “Snitching” is not:
- Telling authorities about a gun at school;
- Telling authorities about someone who plans to harm themselves or someone else;
- Calling the police about criminal activity in front of your house or in your neighborhood;
- Asking the police for help;
So what is considered ” SNITCHING” ?
If you and another person AGREE to commit a crime or an act, TOGETHER, and one person gets caught committing that crime or act, and that person then tells authorities, THIS IS SNITCHING.
- If you are selling drugs in front of someone’s house or in their neighborhood, and that person calls the police, THATS NOT SNITCHING, if they did not agree to allow you to sell drugs in front of their home.
- If a student brings a gun to school and another student tells the principal about what they saw or heard, that is not snitching. If the student who tells authorities is not a participating party in whatever activity that is surrounding the use and carrying of the gun, that is NOT snitching.
Too many of our young men and women are losing their lives over this “no snitching culture”. Be strong leaders and protect yourselves against senseless violence.
At Risk Youth Conflict Resolution Informant Inmates Juveniles Prison Prison reform Snitch Snitches Snitching
I needed to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. Ive got you saved as a favorite to look at new stuff you postÖ